High calorie diet
Meal Plan for One Day
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. The first meal of the day should be your largest because you tend to burn more calories by doing more activities within the early hours of your day, rather than at the end of the day when you are slowing down to prepare for bed. Meals following breakfast should be smaller.
- 8 ounce glass of orange juice
- two halves of a bagel (one whole) toasted with some jam or lite cream or toasted-cheese sandwich
- a bowl of cereal
- one cup of low-fat yogurt
Consider this meal as a short-stop in which you refuel on low resources. This mid-day meal is also an important component to your overall diet. Lunch gives you more energy to be used as the day continues.
- half of a pita stuffed with the pita sandwich mix
- a peach
- an apple
- 113 grams of lite-chocolate pudding
- a small slice of bruschetta
It's the end of the day and you want to satisfy your hunger... Welcome to Dinner time. But you should be remembered that overeating at the dinner table is the worse thing, because, at the end of the day there are less chances for you to burn calories, less activity-less chances to burn calories. Overeating will make you feel sluggish and just plain lazy.
- a baked-potato (skin still on since most of the nutrients are concentrated just below the potato's skin)
- one cup of mixed greens with a tablespoon of salad dressing (preferably light but it's okay if it isn't, just eat in moderation)
- one chicken
To be eaten in moderation throughout the day as a quick pick-me up, snacks are a wonderful break for your taste buds and a great energizer for your system. T his does not mean that you can be constantly eating throughout the day. Your stomach needs time to digest all that food and convert it into its simplest molecular forms, give your stomach that time...it will thank you in the end. Oh and one more thing, don't eat all these items listed in one sitting. Stretch out your choices so that you have variety throughout your day.
- an apple
- a fruit bar
- some dried fruits
- a cup of frozen yogurt
- a cup of celery sticks and dip