- 6 large green onions
- 2 green peppers
- 1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (diced orwhole)
- 3 Carrots
- 1 Container (10 oz. or so) Mushrooms
- 1 bunch celery
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 1 package Lipton soup mix
- 1 or 2 cubes bouillon(optional)
- Season to taste with salt,pepper,parsley, garlic powder, etc
- Slice green onions, put in pot and start to saute with cooking spray.
- Cut green pepper stem end off and cut in half, take seeds and membrane out. Cut the green-pepper into bite size pieces and put in pot.
- Take the outer leafs layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, put in pot.
- Clean carrots cut into bite size pieces put in pot.
- Slice Mushrooms into thick slices (otherwise they will disappear in the soup, put in pot.
- If you would like a spicy soup, add a small amount of cayenne pepper (red pepper) now (1/3 teaspoon is quite a bit as the soup will get spicier as it cooks further).
- You can use beef or chicken bouillon cubes for seasoning's they have all the salt and flavors you will need.
- Use about 12 cups of water, cover and put heat on low. Let soup cook for a long time (two hours works well). Taste and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Day 1: Cabbage soup, all the fruit you want except bananas.
- Day 2: Cabbage soup, all the low-calorie vegetables you want except potatoes.
- Day 3: Cabbage soup and all the fruit you want except bananas.
- Day 4: Cabbage soup, two bananas, and 1 glass of cultured milk foods.
- Day 5: Cabbage soup, boiled or stewed beef.
- Day 6: Cabbage soup, boiled or stewed chiken.
- Day 7: Cabbage soup, two baked potatoes.
- Remember it is only 7 days and at the end of that week you can lose 10 pounds or more.
- Drink at least 6 glass of water per day.
- Consult your physician before beginning Cabbage Soup Diet.
- This diet is for adults only. No teenagers and kids. No pregnant.
- Cabbage Soup Diet is only for a week at a time.
- Don’t skip your meals. It can disturb your metabolism.
The Cabbage soup diet plan includes a lot of food that is high in fibre. Fibre in your diet helps remove waste from your intestinal tract.
The diet is low fat, so if your cholesterol is a bit high, you can reduce a few LDL (bad) cholesterol points.
Critics believe that you are in fact losing water, rather than fat, on the plan which can result in you gaining weight again very quickly.The cabbage soup diet is too low in complex carbohydrates, protein, vitamins and minerals to continue for longer than one week.
For more information go to The New cabbage soup diet plan